As a Senior Data & Integrations Architect for Syntellis, you will help the organization take our Enterprise Data Warehousing and Analytics strategy to the next level. The data architect will be part of a high functioning team that supports a modern enterprise-wide data infrastructure and business intelligence (BI) framework that will enable business areas all across our multi-faceted organization utilize data to make data driven decisions. The ideal candidate will have broad experience in Microsoft Power BI and the Azure Cloud data ecosystem, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure Analysis Services, Data Lakes, Logic Apps, and Power Apps, and other database tools, as well as working knowledge of various database design and administration activities including, but not limited to, OLAP, ETL, SSRS, SSIS, and MDM.
What You’ll Do
• Maintain existing Microsoft Power BI data infrastructure (Azure SQL, Pipeline, and tables)
• Lead the design, development and implementation of end-to-end Business Intelligence Solutions with Azure and the Microsoft BI Stack
• Design and deployment of enterprise data warehouse solutions and dimensional models
• Develop and implement Reporting and Analytics using Synapse and Power BI
• Design and build ETL processes in On-Prem/Cloud BI solutions with the ability to utilize Data Factory, SSIS, and other ETL tools.
• Design and develop database schema, Stored Procedures, Views and work on optimizing database performance of queries and ETL processes
• Provide end-user support by utilizing interpersonal skills to communicate with and instruct end-users on MS BI products and technologies
• Troubleshoot escalated BI issues including data, ETL and Power BI issues
• Work closely with the business users across the organization to understand their business needs, their business workflows and will lead the development of data models and data hubs that will enable these business areas to utilize analytics in their day-to-day operations and decision making.
• Translate business requirements into properly designed data models that will be available to analysts in the business areas to build their analytical applications.
• Work closely with the broader business applications team to ensure the data models align with the front-end/data visualization applications and are easily consumable by them.
• Focus on data quality efforts to ensure the integrity of the data in the source systems and Enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Support data acquisition needs for existing and new data sources across Sales, Finance, Support, Operations, and other functional areas using Mulesoft and Microsoft Azure technologies
• Analyze and transform business requirements into scalable integration solutions using the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform
• 5+ years of experience in data architecture using Azure tools like Azure Data Lake, Azure Managed Instance, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Synapse Analytics and Azure Analysis Services Extensive experience with a data architecture framework
• Extensive experience with developing data models within an Enterprise Data Warehouse
• Experience with business intelligence systems including but not limited to Power BI, QlikView, Qlik Sense, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, and OBIEE.
• Up to date on the latest trends in Data Architecture
• 3+ years MuleSoft, Informatica or other integration platform experience
• 5+ years' experience implementing integration applications
• Experience with interfacing with stakeholders and business areas to understand their business needs and business workflows
• Experience in working with SaaS application data in Salesforce is required. Experience in working with other application data such as Netsuite, Qualtrics, Marketo is highly preferred
• Experience with implementing Data Quality processes and tools to ensure the integrity of data in the Data Warehouse
• Experience with Data Profiling
• Experience with Data Governance principles and participating in Data Governance Councils
• Strong communication skills and can communicate effectively with leadership, other federated business intelligence groups, other IT teams like server and security teams
• Has the ability to manage workload effectively and can communicate issues and impediments in an effective way
• Has a passion for data, the use of data and the value it brings to an organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or proven hands-on experience
Syntellis Performance Solutions, previously Kaufman Hall Software, provides innovative enterprise performance management software, data and analytics solutions for healthcare, higher education and financial institutions. Syntellis’ solutions include Axiom and Connected Analytics software, which help finance professionals elevate performance by acquiring insights, accelerating decisions and advancing their business plans. With over 2,800 organizations and 450,000 users relying on our solutions, we have proven industry expertise in helping organizations transform their vision into reality. For more information, please visit www.syntellis.com
Syntellis Performance Solutions, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, or physical or mental disability or other legally protected category.