- Business Service
- What Information We Collect, How We Collect it, and How We Use It
- We May Share Your Information
- You Have Choices About How We Use Your Information
- Links to Other Websites
- Children Under Age 18
- We May Process and Store Information in the United States
- Your EU and UK Privacy Rights
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Your Canadian Privacy Rights
- How to Contact Us
- Retention of Information
2. Business Service
3. What Information We Collect, How We Collect it, and How We Use It
We collect different types of information from and about you, depending on your interactions with us, and we use your information for a variety of purposes. Here are the ways we collect information, the types of information we may collect, and how we may use the information:
- Requesting Information About Syntellis or Contacting Us
If you contact us or submit a request to request a demo or receive additional information about us, our products and services, or our Website, we may prompt you to provide certain information through the Website (such as your name, company name, company email address and business contact information). We use this information to respond to your inquiries. In addition, from time to time, Syntellis may also use this information to send you details about products and services which we or they think may be of interest to you. These may be for our own products and services, or the products and services of third parties we think you may be interested in. To learn more about your choices with regard to our marketing communications, please read the Your Choices section below.
- Secure File Exchanges
If you choose to obtain access to a secure file exchange (“SFX”) area to transfer files in relation to our Services, you will be required to submit certain information through the Website (such as your name, company name, your title, company address, business telephone number, and business e-mail address). You may also be required to provide a unique user ID and a password. We use this information to administer your account and your file transfers, to provide technical support and other services to you, and to contact you.
- Event Registration
If you register to attend a Syntellis sponsored event, we ask you to provide certain information when registering on our Website or other platform (such as your name, company name, business address, business telephone number and business e-mail address). We use this information to contact you regarding the event and in connection with the event. If you pay to attend an event by using the online credit card payment method, we or our payment processor will also prompt you for information to process the credit card payment (such as credit card number, expiration date, CVV, and billing address).
- Signing up to Receive Publications
When you sign up online to receive one of our publications, we may ask you to provide your name, company name, business mailing address, business telephone number and business e-mail address. We use this information to fulfill your request for publications. In addition, we may use this information to contact you with promotions about products and services we think you might be interested in, including those of our business partners.
- Join Our Team
You can submit your resume and other information online to apply for a job with us. We use the information you submit only to evaluate your job application and to contact you regarding possible employment.
- Subscription Features and Other Purchases
If you purchase a subscription feature or other product or service, we may ask you to provide certain information during the purchase (such as your name, company name, business address, business telephone number and business e-mail address), as well as your payment details. If you pay via online credit card payment, we or our payment processor will also prompt you for information that is necessary to process the credit card payment (such as credit card number, expiration date, CVV, and billing address). We use this information to process your transaction, fulfill your order, and administer the products or services purchased. We may also use this information to provide technical support or provide customer service in relation to your orders.
- Other Information You Make Available Through the Website
When you ask for remote troubleshooting assistance or customer support, we will see any information you choose to provide in connection with the request, and we may briefly have access to parts of your account or your system as necessary for us to resolve your issue.
- Surveys and Questionnaires
We occasionally may ask visitors to our Website to complete online surveys and opinion polls about their activities, attitudes and interests. If you choose to participate in one of these surveys, we may ask for your contact information (such as your name, company name, business address, business telephone number and business e-mail address), in addition to your feedback on our survey questions. We use this survey information to help us understand the needs and interests of our Website visitors so that we can improve our products, services, marketing, and Website.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
When you visit or interact with our Website (including our mobile and desktop applications, emails, and other online or digital portals), we and other parties may automatically collect information about you from your devices, through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies. The information we collect about you in this manner may include information about your usage of our Website (such as what areas of the Website you visit and for how long, what search terms and other content you enter, mouse movements, screen captures, and what content you view and click on); the browser, device, and operating system you are using; device identifiers; IP address; and Internet service provider. We might also collect information about the website you came from before navigating to our site, or the website you visit after you leave our site. If you use a mobile application, we may also look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it. We use this information to evaluate the usefulness of and make improvements to our Website, diagnose problems with our server, administer the Website, analyze trends, understand the interests of our users, market our products and services, serve interest-based advertising, and gather demographic information about our users.
In some of our email messages we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our web site. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. In addition, we use pixel tags—tiny graphic images—to tell us what parts of our web site customers have visited or to measure the effectiveness of searches customers perform on our site. Pixel tags also enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read. And they tell us whether emails have been opened to ensure that we're sending only messages that are of interest to our customers. We may use this information to improve our marketing and to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a customer.
Cookies on our website may be deployed by third party providers, such as Marketo, Inc., 6sense Insights, Inc., and Google and can be broadly categorized as follows:
- Essential/strictly necessary cookies, which are essential to the functioning of the Website.
- Behavioral advertising/targeting cookies in our Website to better tailor our advertising to your interests.
- Functional cookies, which are used to enhance consumer’s experience (e.g. remember settings).
- Performance cookies to measure Syntellis Website's performance and improve website user’s experience.
- Social media cookies, which allow Syntellis to share the content on its Website on social media.
Please see the Your Choices section below to learn more about how you can control what information we collect and use through cookies and similar tracking tools.
- Additional Uses of Your Information
In addition to the uses of your information described above in this Section 3, we may use your information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement or government agency requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth under applicable law.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users/consumers is among the assets transferred.
4. We May Share Your Information
We may share or disclose personal information about our Website visitors and other users under the following circumstances:
- We may share your information with entities that are controlled by or under common control of Syntellis.
- We may share information with service providers we retain to perform services on our behalf, such as vendors who send emails for us, help us manage and operate our Website, process payments, assist in our marketing campaigns, provide customer care, provide sales platforms, or provide analytics.
- We may share information with social media companies and adtech companies that target the advertising of our products or services.
- We may share your information with a successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business is sold or we engage in a change to our corporate structure, we may include user information as part of that transaction. We may also share information with others as they conduct diligence in relation to potential corporate changes.
- We may also disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, or (ii) in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
- We may share information in order to enforce our agreements and to protect our rights or the rights of others.
- We may share information for other reasons that we describe to you from time to time as permitted by law.
5. You Have Choices About How We Use Your Information
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, you can follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions.
You can control certain cookies and tracking tools:
- You can control cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. You can also set certain cookie preferences by clicking Cookie Settings. However, if you block cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website. If you have disabled one or more cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set; however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information. Your selections are browser- and device-specific, so you should make these selections on each device and each browser you use. If you clear your cookies or your browser’s cache, you will need to set your preferences again.
- We and third-party advertising networks, social media companies, and other services may collect information about your use of our Website so that they or we may display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across websites or other platforms. To opt out of having your behavior tracked for purposes of tailoring ads, you can set your preferences by visiting youronlinechoices.com/ (Europe), www.aboutads.info/choices (United States), https://optout.privacyrights.info/ (United States), and/or https://youradchoices.ca/ (Canada). Your opt-outs are browser- and device-specific, so you should make these selections on each device and each browser you use. If you clear your cookies or your browser’s cache, you will need to set your preferences again.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our site may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all the tracking described here will stop.
6. Links to Other Websites
7. Children Under Age 18
We use commercially reasonable measures designed to secure this Website to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of information in our possession. Syntellis cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and any other account information. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.
9. We May Process and Store Information in the United States
Information we collect from you may be transferred to, processed in, or stored in the United States or another destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Canada, or your jurisdiction of residence. Information may be processed by personnel operating in these locations who work for us or one of our business partners. As a result, this information may be subject to access by and disclosure to government and law enforcement agencies in those countries according to their laws. The standard of data protection in the United States and in certain other countries where we may process your information is considered by the European Commission to be not adequate when compared to the data protection standards of the EU and EEA. By using our Website or submitting your personal data, you consent to such transfer, storing, and processing.
10. Your EU and UK Privacy Rights (PERSONAL DATA FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM AND EUROPEAN UNION ONLY)
For personal data collected from a resident of a European Union member country or the United Kingdom, or otherwise collected in the European Union or United Kingdom, we rely on the following legal bases for processing your personal data:
- Legitimate interests. Examples of when we rely on our legitimate interests include, without limitation, analyzing your use of the Website and Service so that we can operate and improve them, maintaining a relationship with you so that we can respond to your inquiries and complaints or provide information to you about our services, securing our Website and preventing or investigating unauthorized activity, conducting internal and administrative functions, and better understanding your relevant interests so that we can personalize our relationship and marketing.
- Contract: It may be necessary for us to process your personal data (e.g., payment details and contact information) in fulfilling your subscription or other contract you have entered into with us.
- Consent: Where you have given us consent to do so, we may send you, or permit third parties to send you, marketing communications about goods or services which we feel may interest you. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please see the Your Choices section above to find out how.
- Legal Claims: We may need to process your personal data to comply with law, or to defend or establish a legal claim (for example, claims relating to the sale of our services under contract law).
Where provided under applicable EU or UK law, you have rights over your personal data (each of which are subject to various exceptions and limitations):
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data;
- The right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information;
- The right to have any errors in your personal data rectified;
- The right to have your personal data erased;
- The right to block or suppress the processing of your personal data;
- The right to move, copy, or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances; and
- Rights related to automated decision-making (i.e., where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e., where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
For more information about our processing or to exercise your rights, contact us as provided in the section titled “How to Contact Us” below.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe our processing of your personal data does not comply with applicable data protection law, you have the right to bring a claim before your competent data protection authority.
11. Your California Privacy Rights (CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY)
Under California S.B. 27 (“Shine the Light”), California residents have the right under certain circumstances to request, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared personal information about you or your family for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to Compliance@syntellis.com and please include the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, the domain name of the web site you are inquiring about, along with your name, address and email address.
For purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), this Website is not consumer-directed and is intended only to provide commercial information to our business partners, prospective business partners, and job applicants. In certain circumstances (subject to various exceptions and limitations under the CCPA), if you are a California resident, you may also make the following, more specific requests regarding your personal information:
- Access – You can request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, the categories of personal information we sold or disclosed, our business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Deletion – You can request that we delete your personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
We will not discriminate against you because you made any of these requests.
California residents can make these requests online by clicking here or writing us at 320 N. Sangamon Street, Suite. 700, Chicago, IL 60607, or emailing us at Compliance@syntellis.com.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests. Except as otherwise provided by applicable California law, for purposes of requests under this Section 11, personal information does not include information about job applicants, employees and other of our personnel; or information about employees and other representatives of third-party entities we may interact with.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps may vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us. California residents may designate an authorized agent to make a request on their behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent is identified as an authorized agent.
12. Your Canadian Privacy Rights (CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY)
Residents of Canada may access, review, and request correction of their personal information held by Syntellis. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us.
We reserve the right not to change personal information if we disagree that it is incorrect, but we will append your requested alternative information. We may not provide access to personal information where permitted or required to deny access by the applicable law, for example, where the information requested would disclose the personal information, including opinions, of another individual or if it is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
You have the right to refuse to provide or to withdraw your consent to processing of your personal information at any time with effect for future processing. This would not affect processing where the applicable law allows us to process personal information without consent.
We will comply with applicable Canadian data protection laws, such as the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), and any other applicable Canadian federal and provincial laws regulating the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. We will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those outlined above, except with your consent. We will respond to your request regarding your personal information as promptly as possible.
13. How to Contact Us
If you would like us to update your contact information, remove you from contact lists, or if you have any questions or concerns about our information practices, please contact us by:
- Writing us at:
N. Sangamon Street, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60607
- E-mailing us at:
14. Retention of Information
We retain personal information for as long as it is needed or relevant for the purposes described in Section 3 above. Note that retention periods vary in different jurisdictions and are set in accordance with local regulatory and professional retention requirements.
Effective Date: FEBRUARY 13, 2023.