As Finance teams look to re-engineer inefficient and ineffective budgeting and planning methodologies and tools, they realize that one approach can’t be right for every hospital or healthcare provider. In reality, a “best practice” planning methodology can’t be hard-wired and applied to every organization. An optimal process is often a function of an organization’s culture or even the competitiveness of its market.
Read this eBook for information on obstacles to effective planning and the 5 approaches to effective budgeting and forecasting in healthcare.
- Aligning rolling forecasts, multi-year plans and detailed budgets
- Embracing statistically-driven approaches to enable efficient "what if" modeling
- Incorporating service line analytics to refine projections
- Providing cross-departmental initiative-based modeling
- Promoting the feedback loop with management and executives via reporting